السلام عليكم,
أرجو المساعده فى مسألة أداء الحاسب الشخصي الخاص بي,
فأنا عندي حاسب يشغل redhat 9.0 و به ذاكره عشوائيه 128 و زاكره خياليه 265 (swap partition)
يأتي مع نظام التشغيل هذا بيئتيين لسطح المكتب هما جنوم و كي دي إي, و لكني لست بحاجه لهما و لكني أحتاج هذه الثلاث برامج فقط:
- متصفح انترنت (مثل موزيلا أو جالون)
- محرر نصوص (مثل vi أو kate)
- مشغل أوامر (مثل konsole أو gnome-terminal)
أما باقى برامج جنوم أو كدي أكاد لا أستخدمها فأنا لست بحاجه اليها و لكني بأمس الحاجه لمساحة الذاكره التي تستهلكها مثل هذه البرامج.
فما العمل, أرجو النصيحه.
Al salamo 3alykom,
I need your advice please.
I have pc running RedHat linux 9.0 with 128 MB RAM and VM 265 MB.
The problem is that the performance is so bad(according to "free" command the actuall memory is 117MB -- after 2MB i set for the VGA card), with either the tow desktops (gnome or kde), I don't want all capabilities of the two desktops, all i just DO need:
A web browser (ex: mozilla or galoen).
Command line interface (such as Konsole or gnome-terminal).
A text editor (such as vi or kate or gedit).
As I do NOT want the capabilities of the two desktops from icons to windows to panels etc., all these GUI component i never use.
So, If you know how can I use these 3 component only to save memory, or you know a desktop that is very very very simple than two i use(gnome-kde) or you know how to shutdown process that consume memory that i'll never use, or know if i can use a webbrowser from runlevel 3 please send me.(remmember all what i need is these 3 component and .I hope that i was able to work in runlevel 3 but the need to a web browser prevent me from doing that.)

