بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Help! Somebody's using my e-mail address to send viruses all over the country. And people are sending me e-mail saying "You sent me a virus!" I don't want everyone to think I'm sending out viruses. Is there any way for me to stop them and clear my name?

Hello, while I cannot completely help answer the question completely I can give you a very good start to solving your problem. First things first. As you should have heard by now, you really need to invest in some form of virus scanning software. This alone can save a lot of trouble. I also would recommend a separate program to search for spyware (adware), so that you cover your entire basis. Next, here are a few solutions to help with your problem. First, if your using hotmail, or an e-mail program that has differing levels of security, I suggest you beef yours up. This will help you keep unwanted mail out of your inbox, and will help reduce your risk of viruses in the process. However if you do not have the option, and you don’t like the idea of buying a virus-scanning program I have 2 quick fix options for you. First and foremost.. never open any e-mail from any sender which you do not recognize. Also, never open up e-mails with large attachment sizes.. (anything over 10k is a no-no unless it's from someone you know). This right here will help you from being infected. Next, to prevent others from receiving viruses you already may have, I have the perfect solution. E-mail viruses are usually worms that go straight into your address book and like to send themselves out to everyone you have listed. But there is a quick trick to stop them from ever leaving. Open up a new address book entry and name it something like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA@xcvxcz.com (it's important to use all a's and many of them.) By doing this you should have created a new first entry in your address book. (if not make sure you make it is the first entry.) This is now your measure of protection against others. By doing this you've created an entirely fictitious address. The result is that when the virus goes to send itself out to the first person.. (your bogus entry) the e-mail will not be received and the failed to send message will be the result. So how does this protect everyone else? Simple.. when viruses send themselves out to others, they place the first entry on your address book at the top, and then add the rest of the names afterwards. Because the first recipient cannot receive the message, the rest will never receive it either. The virus in response will be stuck forever trying to send to the first person on your list, and everyone else will forever be safe. I've used this technique for over 4 years now, and have been virus free since. Hope this helps you out!
من يجد الوقت ويتبرع بترجمته فله جزيل الشكر .
==============
منقول من بريدي
===

